Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Good Bye to Divine Digital! :-)



This was my message on my Facebook page:  "Unfortunately, I seem to be one of many designers at Divine Digital who are closing their boutiques due to non-payment from Divine Digital. There has been way too much drama & way too much dishonestly from the site owner to continue on. If you have purchased any of my products, I do appreciate it, but know that in the past 6 months, I have not seen any payment for those products. I had no choice but to take down all my products & move on. I truly hope with everything I am that I can get my groove back after being burned so bad....Watch for further updates! I am motivated enough to NOT let the negativity of one person/site ruin my creative flow."

And now for a little depth to this status.  Since I joined DD, there has really been nothing but chaos, drama, and problems.  I bought into the excuses until other designers started being open about what happened with them.  I was loyal to DD, and now, I have learned my lesson on that.  I'm not sorry I signed on with DD, but I am sorry I stayed.  I got my start here, and that's as far as it should have gotten.  Eventually it took every ounce of creativity and squashed it completely, to the point of me stopping.  I could sit here and bash the site owner and the site, but I won't.  She just obviously wasn't what she seemed.  She fooled a lot of people and received so much sympathy.  I don't know what the truth is with her personal situation, but there seems to be problem after problem.  If it's all true, I feel bad for her.  However, that's still no excuse to not run a business.  To take the money that customers have paid for a product and not give the rightful owner/designer the payment....that's just wrong in every sense of the word.  For someone who follows God so closely, it makes no sense.  I don't believe He would approve of the behavior and such dishonesty.  

So my Boutique at Divine Digital is closed.  I removed all the products from my store.  I can only HOPE at this point, I can get back to designing and find a trustworthy store to be part of, if they would have me.  I will work at getting some of my past freebies on a server and available for download again...

Thank you ALL for your understanding.  I appreciate it!

***UPDATE:  I wanted to make note that I did receive payment tonight finally.  Just sad that it took all this drama to get it.***

6 comments:

  1. Amy thank you for letting us know! I am so glad that you designers are starting to get paid! I hope she is able to pay everyone ASAP.

    If you are looking for a place to scrap, or design, you may consider looking at Ivy Scraps. It is a much smaller site, but it is fun and DRAMA - FREE.

    I am a member, not designer or even CT, but I know you would be very welcome.

    If you want more info, contact me by PM Joanne K, at Divine, and I will send you my email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words....I truly appreciate it! I have some organizing to do with all my files, etc, then I'll be on the hunt for a new store ;-) will definitely check them out!

      Delete
  2. Hi Amy. Sorry to hear of your issues with the store! I've purchased products at Divine Digital before and had no idea you and the other designers were ever having problems. I've been asked to sell in stores before but always declined because I thought running my own store would be a better idea for me. After reading about your problems with not getting paid, I'm happy that I made that decision now. I do hope you find another store to setup shop soon with a manager you can trust. I'm glad that it didn't stop you from living your dream of creating. Good for you and I hope you find a nice store that you can feel good about! Please let us know how it turns out for you! thanks and hugs, Mod Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much...The biggest issue was no communication. Running/hiding from the issues at hand. I didn't suffer near as much as the other designers did, but it was the principle of the whole thing. I refuse to let someone/something make me give up something I love any longer....Thank you again!

      Delete
  3. I've been wondering for years why any designers stayed with the site. I'm certain ANY other site will restore your faith in the integrity and commitment of the digital scrapbook world, and help you get your mojo back!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Sometimes I'm too loyal to fault ;-) I trust too much at times, and that can be a good thing, or a bad thing. In this case, it didn't work out in my favor LOL ;-) Thanks again!

      Delete